Sunday, December 16, 2012

Leaving for the Unknown!

I loved living in South Dakota! In a little town called Dupree! I was only six went we left and moved to Arkansas, it was very hard on me even at that young age! Everything I knew was in that town! My Dad owned the only grocery store in the town! You would have to go to Rapid City to do major shopping, doctor or dentist! It may be just my imagination, but I felt peace there! My family was there, cousins, aunts and uncles, and my grandmothers! When I think back, all I can recall are sweet memories and love! I remember the day we left, I was looking out of the back window, waving goodbye to the people I loved! I can still feel what I felt then! It was like tearing my insides out! We were going to the unknown, where I had no friends, no family. I was scared, I don't know if I ever let my parents know that or not! I loved our home there, I loved walking to the grocery store and getting a treat, and the snow!!! As a child it was wonderful! God brought good things to me though living in Arkansas! His Son Jesus, my husband, Dewayne, and my three beautiful children: Ashley, Abagaile, and Alexander! An amazing son-in-law, Heath, my in laws, my best friends that are here. I thank God for His goodness and mercy!! I know He has a great plan, but this is just one of the things that changed me. I don't know what my life would have been like if we would have stayed. I wouldn't trade my life for anything, but it just seems like after we left, life was kinda a blur from then on. Life changes us, for the better or the worse, we have to take it in stride and deal with what is handed to us, and try to make it better. That's what I tried to do. To the best of my ability! I know there were times that I failed, and there were times that I succeeded. I just missed my family so much, and it did take a toll on me. But here I am 36 years later, and I can still remember being that little girl, with white pig tails, wearing boots, hanging out with my cousins, my grandma, and aunts and uncles, being happy!!
But I also love my life now and it took me 36 years to get here! I love You God for ALWAYS being there for me no matter where I am at. You are my strength, my Rock, and my Salvation!!

1 comment:

  1. Just happened to stumble upon this! I was sad when you left!

    ReplyDelete